Exposed Brick in Home - How to make it meet the Ceiling ?

How would you tie in exposed brick wall to mate with the ceiling? What about baseboard? Would you leave a 3" or so section of the top of the wall in the original plaster?

I am renovating the condo and both the living room and bedroom have one wall (interior) with brick. Exposed brick will be around 20% of the total wall space. I love exposed brick in the apartment; this is the real red brick from the 1920s.

Anyway, exposed brick all the way to ceiling or leave the last several inches covered? What are your thoughts on this?

MS

Reply to
MS

Install studs on 16" centers and put R-13 insulation between them. Cover with wallboard. Best for energy efficiency.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

I would not leave a 3 inch section of plaster at the top. Soldier row of brick might look nice...no baseboard over the brick, though. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom