Experiences with mixing pigment into wet concrete

What did you use? Where did you get it? How did you like the results?

Reply to
mike

i made some colored concrete countertops last summer. i got my tinting supplies here:

worked ok. not as dark as i wanted, but the right color. a bit on the high side for cost i think, but i couldn't find any local places that had it in stock.

Reply to
chaniarts

Above is right. To reduce cost, put down a base layer of uncoloured concrete and a top layer of about an inch of coloured concrete. Put

2nd layer on straight away, don't leave bottom layer to set.
Reply to
harry

that's really hard to do with countertops. they're formed face down.

Reply to
chaniarts

What are you trying to make, powderd colors are usualy sold at the ready mix company, ive used it alot to match different mortars. I depends on what you are doing , if you are matching or making something

Reply to
ransley

e quoted text -

OK put the coloured layer down first in that case.

Reply to
harry