Expected Life Of a Pedestal Sump Pump ?

Yes, I use a Deltran Battery Tender for the 4 months that I need the sump. I also have a 50 ft cord that I can connect to my car in the garage if the power is out for more than 1-2 days.

After about May, I disconnect the charger because the sump will be dry until the next November-Decmber. At that time, I connect the charger back up. After a full charge, I test the batteries with a Dactron battery load tester and replace any battery that does not pass the test. I've been getting 5-7 years on the batteries.

Reply to
Arnie Goetchius

Well there are actuarial table that can give you the probabilities of life expectancy for a person who is X years old. Don't know of any tables for sump pumps though.

Reply to
trader_4

The battery tender should be on the batteries even when they are not being used. In fact, that's my main use for a battery tender. I pulled the batteries out of my boat for the winter, put them in the garage on a tender. Same thing with motorcycle batteries. Lead acid batteries self-discharge over time and a battery that's kept at less than full charge will not last as long.

Reply to
trader_4

Thanks for the tip. I did not realize that and will now leave the battery tender on all year around.

Reply to
Arnie Goetchius