Metal Cutting chainsaw blades

I've heard they make chainsaw blades (chains) which are made to cut thru metal, such as nails, electrical cables, light duty pipes, and so on. They are made for demolition, and patricularly used by Fire Departments for fast cutting holes in roofs, walls, and other stuff. Supposedly they hold up well and stay sharp for most cutting. I doubt they would cut thru a 2" steel pipe. but can cut copper pipes, wiring, and nails.

I have asked the workers at several building supply stores, and was told that sort of thing does not exist. Well, I have seen firemen cutting thru shingled roofs with a chainsaw, and besides all the shingle grit damaging a blade, I know they are hitting nails at the least.

Anyone know anything about these blades and what to look for as far as brands or labeling?

Reply to
smileyface

At 10 to 20 times or more than the normal chain saw chains it is doubtful that many places would have them. Then when it is neede to get the job done in a hurry, the fire fighters don't care that much about the equipment. Even if they ruined a chain to put out each fire, it would be worth it.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

That is a good point. But I found a chain that is apparently marketed to firefighters. There may be others, but this is the first I found.

See .

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie