Expanding plastic (tick sound) is driving me crazy

I have a window ac unit. There is a central heat duct under the window. About once every 10 min. I can hear a tick coming from the window. I haven't pinpointed the exact place yet, but I suspect the plastic on the ac cover is expanding/contracting and making the tick noise.

I use a space heater in the room where the ac is located so the central heat does not cycle on as frequently as the ticking occurs.

Anyone know what is going on or how to STOP THE DAMN TICKING?

TIA

Reply to
Terry

Earplugs. Fifty cents.

Reply to
HeyBub

imho:

I would remove the ac unit. Might help with the rooms heat too.

tom @

LayPerson Tom

There is a product that acts like a sound dampening paint. You could get some and paint the inside cover with it. This should keep it from expanding and causing a noise.

See http://soundproof>I have a window ac unit. There is a central heat duct under the

BJ Nash Super Soundproofing Senior Technical Advisor & CEO Super Soundproofing Co.

Ph: (760) 752-3030 FAX: (760) 752-3040 E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@soundproofing.org TOLL FREE: (888) 942-7723

Visit us at:

BJ Nash