Expanded Polystyrene insulation question

Hi I'm new to the group, and would like to ask the experts some questions on installing expanded polystyrene insulation. I'm finishing my basement and the walls are concrete. I want to "glue" the EPS directly to the concrete walls then frame out walls using 2x4,and finish the walls with 1/2 sheetrock. The basement will be heated in the winter. The EPS is foil faced on one side and plastic wraped on the other. My very basic questions are: 1) What side of EPS should face inward? I assume the foil to reflect heat, but I don't want to assume. 2) What is the best adhesive to use ? 3) Should the EPS go all the way up the wall to cover the house sill or just the concrete wall?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Reply to
Tonysi