Insulation type

Hi, I started to finish the basement. One wall I only put up 2 inch foam board on the concrete wall as this is where the utilities are. Town wants the foam covered with sheetrock. So, I framed another 2X4 wall in front of the foam, question is do I install faced or not fiberglass in the new wall? Attached is a sketch. Cellar is dry, summer I use a dehumidifier at about 40%. I live in Ct. Thanks

Reply to
rob oconnor

Why did you tell a governmental body that you are doing work in your basement? What business is it of theirs?

Reply to
Wade Garrett

The general rule is to only have one vapor barrier, so your facing choice depends on whether or not your foam board is a vapor barrier.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Easier way

No framing needed

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

His Vizio Smart TV reported him.

Reply to
Buzz Hertz

Agree and if the new insulation is the one with the barrier, it should face inside the basement.

Reply to
trader_4

I don't see schetch. I worry more about moisture from wall, not room. The foam should be enough break, so I would not want to make a non breathable section. No facing, or facing near foam.

Greg

Reply to
gregz