exhaust stovetop hood

Your house your rules.

1200 + cfm is a lot of air. Last hood I bought ( $900 ) had a 3 speed motor, some have 4 speeds. If your interested in really exhausting the heat and vapors I suggest that you pay up for a real hood and start planning for the exhaust duct that will be needed. My hood required a 10 inch duct. I was very pleased with the performance when my project was finished. The one I bought only moved 950 cfm's. High really made some noise, but with all of the gas burners going there was little heat pumped into the kitchen.
Reply to
SQLit

some hoods have a remote motor option, although these work better if you're going through the roof as it's further away. these are much quieter.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

BEFORE anyone asks, i DID google you all, for this info.

we are putting in a 36inch viking cooktop. i need to purchase an exhaust hood for over the top. do i really have to have 1200 -1500 cfm for this thing?

the stove is against the wall. i will be venting out to the side of the house.

thanks guys! rosie

Reply to
rosie read n' post

Is that what Viking recommends? You have the potential for 66,000 Btu of heat off the burners. That is as much as many heaters for an entire house.

Sure, if you are simmering one little pot you don't need that much ventilation, but crank up a few burners and you'll be glad you have it.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

thanks edwin....................it seems while doing my homework that the actually exhaust fan is kept toward the outside wall...............is that because of noise?

Reply to
rosie read n' post

Yes, it can make a big difference in the kitchen. SQLit made a good point about variable speed. You surely don't need that much heated air sucked out of the house in the winter just because on burner is simmering sauerkraut.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

THANKS GUYS! i have printed out material regarding NUTONE and will discuss it with my builders, and with the kitchen cabinet maker!

Reply to
rosie read n' post