Ever heard of "FloodStopper"?

It is a valve that goes on your main water pipe. When various sensors get wet, the valve shuts off.

It is $350, but Wednesday my washing machine started to overflow because the level sensor had gunk in it. I happened to be in basement directly under it and got the water off before any damage was done; but if I hadn't been right there, it could easily have done many times the $350 price.

But that's if the device works... Anyone used it?

Reply to
Toller

most common flood cause is a burst hose, do you have a electric supply valve?

you can also put a catch tray under the machine, with a drain to the basement or outside.

these are 2 other solutions

Reply to
hallerb

I think the floodstopper is an electric supply valve. Is there another brand you recommend?

Reply to
Toller

FloodStopper Providing 24x7 Protection Against Flooding Due To Internal Plumbing Failures and Accidental Overflows Now Available at The-FloodStopper-Store on

The FloodStopper=99 System is a patented, high-tech water leak detection system that provides 24x7 protections against flooding due to internal plumbing failures and accidental overflows by automatically shutting-off the water supply instantly upon detection of a leak. The FloodStopper System is designed for use in Residential, Commercial, and Industrial buildings and is available in valve sizes from =BE" to

10".

Insurance Industry records for 2002 indicate a total "Water Damage" Claims Payout of $11,500,000,000.00. They also state that 68% or $7,820,000,000.00 is Preventable by using a "Whole House Water Shut-Off Device".

With over 12,000 FloodStoppers in the field; not 1 claim has been made that FloodStopper failed to detect a leak and shut-off the water.

The FloodStopper System consists of low-profile electronic sensors (designed to blend into the d=E9cor of any facility), a user-friendly control panel, and a Honeywell=99 shut-off valve.

FloodStopper sensors are placed on the floor at points where leaks may occur, such as water heaters, washrooms, sinks, washers, furnace, boiler and pump rooms, storage areas, kitchens or near water-related appliances and equipment throughout any residential, commercial, or industrial facility. The sensors may either be hard-wired or, in areas where access is difficult, wirelessly connected to the FloodStopper System's control panel.

When a sensor detects moisture from a water leak, it signals the control panel to instruct the system's Honeywell valve to instantly, and automatically, shut off the water supply. The control panel also emits a visual alarm to alert users to the shut-off. It can also integrate with a monitored security alarm service if so connected. The system can be manually reset at the control panel.

For more information, visit

When you realize the Value, Level of Protection, and Peace of Mind that the FloodStopper system can provide, please contact us.

I look forward to hearing from you and I can best be reached via e-mail at snipped-for-privacy@smartsensortechnologies.com

Best Regards, Marc Cramer SmartSensor Technologies, Inc.

Reply to
marccramer

They now sell braided washing machine feed hoses with an automatic shut off device in the hose.They also have them for sinks and toilets About $

20.00 for the washing machine pair and about $7.00 each for the others Home depot has them <
Reply to
Gary

What would you do to protect from the bathtub running over? (the overflow is rarely adequate.) Or a laundry sink that is plugged for some reason when the washing machine is used? Or any other sort of flood that one doesn&#39;t foresee?

Thhe point of this device is to cover ALL the kinds of leaks and overflows with one device. There are loads of ways to have floods, and instead of working on each kind one at a time, the goal here is to use sensors to find the water itself, and then turn off the water. This is a different stage of protection from using steel-braided hoses.

mm

Yes, I understand that. That is what the Floodstopper is supposed to do. You have a sensor at each potential problem, and water at any of them shuts off the water supply.

So, is anyone familiar with it? Are there other similar products?

Reply to
Toller