ESA-SAFE inspection

But that's not for the 221-413 or the 22-2413 which is the device we are talking about.

Reply to
clare

What is the 2000-1201 connector listed? It is NOT the 221-413 or the

222-413 we are talking about.
Reply to
clare

The 221 (or 222) is not listed on the CSA site, cannot find any UL-C listing either.

Reply to
clare

There you go. You could now set up a web biz and sell small quantities (at outrageous prices-most will scream here). Or you could contact the local Sparkys and let them know you got them. Call yourself sparkles connector...

Reply to
Tekkie®

Just waiting for the breakers to show up now - have the bathroom outlets and the outdoors all finished ready for inspection - and I took pictures with my cell phone as I went so the inspector can see what I did without having to remove the extremely well sealed in-use weatherproofs that are a royal pain to install tight on a rug brick exterior.

Reply to
clare

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

--------------------------------------------------------- This message has been cleaned by MessageCleaner.exe v2.17

--------------------------------------------------------- This message has been cleaned by MessageCleaner.exe v2.17

These were the ones sent to me by Wago. I've used them with no problems but the pros weren't interested; even for free... I showed them to the AHJ and he looked at the UL listing and stated okay to use.

Reply to
Tekkie®

I have noticed that too. I go to trade lunch/meetings and the reps will go around tossing these on the tables. After lunch, probably half of the free samples are still sitting there.

I have a bunch ;-)

I still find myself using regular wire nuts tho. It is hard to break old habits and abandon things you trust.

Reply to
gfretwell

UL isn't ULC though - and up here it's ULC or CSA or tear it out and do it again.

Reply to
clare

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

--------------------------------------------------------- This message has been cleaned by MessageCleaner.exe v2.17

--------------------------------------------------------- Also good for arthritic thumbs... I have found they clamp the wire very well that pulling it out is not possible.

Does anyone in the business have any more insight into these?

Reply to
Tekkie®

approvals I may have to contact Wago but I have yet to find an Email address for them. I'm curious now and would like to know. Interesting thing about the new and improved 221 series is that they're rated at 32 amps in Europe but in The U.S. it will only be rated for 20 amps. ^_^

Call them and ask and get more samples than you will ever use. You could always use them for traction aids in the snow...

Reply to
Tekkie®