Energy savings of a ' fridge

That's to cool it from 82 to 32 degrees F. Most peoples' cold water is colder than that.

You propose any numbers for these?

Don Klipstein

Richard I have a big side by side, maybe 1982, my accurate KAW meter put its use at 14$ a month, my tenants with new 19.5 cu ft friges pay about 20 a month, some wifes run their tvs all day, use microwaves, vcrs, etc. Its a shame you pay 30 a month for a frige, I feel sorry for you, I just cant see your frige is running right or perhaps your measuring of power is off. My neighbors pay around 100 a month at Chicago rates of about 13.65 kwh and I pay under 40, for me its CFLs.

Try reading a review of a KAW meter, I think you will be suprised, get one and test a frige at a store, im sure the owner will like the idea. My 19.5 Kenmore I bought years ago at a different location came in at maybe .50c a month more than the Yellow Tag indicated. So it can be acheived. And 60 minutes -20/20 has had nothing on scam tests. The frige tests were done at up to 90f, with doors open on variable defrost models. But fact is , mine nearly matches Yellow Tag . Hundreds of friges are tested. Mine is not an Ice maker, but I make ice. to do as you say would add hundreds if not thousands of hours unessecarily hooking up Ice Makers and testing Ice, but the way they did it works, and so far you cant PROOVE it didnt work, since mine matces Yellow tags very close. Friend I have to say you are behind the times, and the time, oil is $117 a barrel, wake up my friend, your

30$ a month frige is suspect.
Reply to
ransley

IMO, the warranty was reduced not because of the trade-offs of efficiency at the expense of reliability, but just plain costs. Some years ago, compressors were made in the USA by people like Copeland or Tecumseh. Now most are imported and made by the lowest bidder. The price of a basic refrigerator or room air conditioner has gone down in terms of real dollars because they are made cheaper by better manufacturing processes and cheaper materials. Consumers don't expect appliances to last as long as they used to either.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

If he is paying 30 a month , I am paying 8$ a gallon for gasolene, it aint so. its BS

Reply to
ransley