emergency heating of home with hot water tank

Road closures. What are your plans for "bugging in"?

Gunner

Political Correctness

Gunner

Running the shower will cause it to snow in your house.

Reply to
Stuart Grey

I once thought that too.

I have yet to find a "deal" on a good generator.

Take a look at Ebay and watch what the used generators go for...best to buy it new and know what you have.

TMT

Storm> On the other hand, maybe not.

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

.22 at work with a brick?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I did that one time during a power cut. Set off the smoke detector. But, it did a nice job of warming the bathroom.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ditto the Y2K flop. I figured there'd be lots of NIB generators at all the garage sales. There weren't.

All the Y2K buying and early computer upgrades were probably part of the economy run-up and subsequent slow-down.

Reply to
hot-ham-and-cheese

During the Y2K flap EVERYONE (with no brain cells, which is a lot of people) was buying generators. Yet there seemed to be no super deals on used generators on Jan 2nd.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Shop cats will only stretch so far, even with rice.

Gunner

Political Correctness

Gunner

I think the Y2K generators got gobbled up by the construction industry and the housing boom. Builders were in such a hurry to get houses to market that they were "prairie building" in areas that did not have water or power until days before they closed. That required a lot of generators. In the neighborhoods my wife built in you heard the constant hum of generators everywhere.

Reply to
gfretwell

harbor freight has low cost enerators for under 200 bucks you can get a

2000 watt unit, enough to run a fridge OR gas furnce, OR one sem mjor load and some lights
Reply to
hallerb

We still have a pack of feral dogs running around, ask Tho for recipes for me.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Cool thought! I wonder if we can create a new situation just before the previous one peters out thus having a continual growth spurt.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Hell..its on the net

Gunner