adding water heater in line with existing service

can a water heater be hooked up in line with an existing residential system?

any tips?

Reply to
effi

my girlfriend had 2 they were in series

Reply to
wayne

This is Turtle.

I don't quite get what your saying hewre but if your talking about have a 50 gal. water piped to the bath rooms and kitchen and then want a 20 or 30 gal. put at the bath room say under the sink to have 30 gal. right there and then have the 50 gal. to pick up where the 30 leaves off. Yes, I have seen this on a few jobs and it works pretty well. I see this on jobs where they have large tubes or those spa type tubes and need large amounts of hot water to fill them. 80 Gal. of hot water will fill a good size spa or tub then figure in about 30 more gal. of cold water make about 110 gal. to fill the tub's and spa's. .

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Yes, I've seen two water heaters in series before. It is very possible. Works nicely.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Not sure what you want but look into Bosch tankless. Tankless are apx

25% cheaper than any gas tank to operate.
Reply to
m Ransley

Its a tankless job, but someones gotta do it.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

This is Turtle.

The term in this part of the country when the plumber hear tankless. It means they don't want hot water in the house. Don't laugh, i know one plumber here that told me this.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

That plumber must be Daves the hack boy heating Co, brother, because Tankless by Bosch or Takagi are not the crap of old, or the cheap junk that can be purchased. Bosch Aquastar is 117000 Btu, the Bosch made by Takagi is 188000 Btu enough for 2 full flow showers=A0 at once. To say it means no hot water is a statement of ignorance of the products on the market. My 117000 Btu Bosch Aquastar has never been set to high even with 33f incoming water at -20 outside. It will give all you want and more for 2 uses at once. And my gas bills are down for water heating 50%, based on summer non furnace operation. Saying it means you dont want hot water says to me a hack instal not sizing the gas line or a cheap low Btu model. Now Electric is a waist of money as electricity is double for most and you need a 120a unit for a single use system. Tankless gas, the way of the future. You need a smarter plumber Turtle.

Reply to
m Ransley

"m Ransley" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3135.bay.webtv.net... That plumber must be Daves the hack boy heating Co, brother, because Tankless by Bosch or Takagi are not the crap of old, or the cheap junk that can be purchased. Bosch Aquastar is 117000 Btu, the Bosch made by Takagi is 188000 Btu enough for 2 full flow showers at once. To say it means no hot water is a statement of ignorance of the products on the market. My 117000 Btu Bosch Aquastar has never been set to high even with 33f incoming water at -20 outside. It will give all you want and more for 2 uses at once. And my gas bills are down for water heating 50%, based on summer non furnace operation. Saying it means you dont want hot water says to me a hack instal not sizing the gas line or a cheap low Btu model. Now Electric is a waist of money as electricity is double for most and you need a 120a unit for a single use system. Tankless gas, the way of the future. You need a smarter plumber Turtle.

This is Turtle.

Ransley , I don't live in a highly educated population area. I live in a area where 1/2 the homes don't have city water, no natural gas service, and have hell getting the electric service run to a new home. You have to buy the electric poles and wire if you want Lesstricity to your home from the main line on the highway. My sister in law & Brother in law had a home built and had to pay $600.00+ to get electicty run to their home. The $600.00 was for 2 poles and wire to run and Electric company run it for nothing. I don't live in Smartville, U.S.A. . I think Jeff Foxworthy gets his material from here about What a Red Neck thinks. The Words '''' In Door Plumbing '''' is still use pretty regularly here. About 10 years ago. they had a program about fixing up home by the H.U.D. and the H.U.D. had to spec. out that they must have in door plumbing for them to get the grants. The Bathroom had to be accessiable from inside the home and the hot water tank could not be just installed out in the yard. Yes i said the hot water tank just installed out in the back yard . they had gas and electric like this. They would just put a piece of plywood over the top to keep the rain from putting the pilot out or water from getting in the Lesstricty wires where the enter the thermostat. I live in the area where David Duke come from and his thought pattern of thinking. I have learned to enjoy Jeff Foxworthy's views of what a Red Neck thinks.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

I watched Foxworthly last night , funny guy, but his thoughts apply up here as well, actualy they apply everywhere. Im a redneck I drive my Harley into the Dining Room, its safer there and looks better with my new red the generator in the corner. People are poor here to, people fish on the lake at -20f with a 30 mph wind for food not fun. Unfortunatly the the good tankless units are to expensive for most.

Reply to
m Ransley

Well put!

Reply to