Eliminating dust specks

I've managed to paint a glass smooth, brush-stroke free finish using semi-gloss oil, but there are a few dust specks that I'd like to get rid of. I just bought some 1500 grit sandpaper and some rubbing compound, but I haven't tried them yet. Any advice on how to proceed appreciated.

Reply to
Greg Esres

A brand new razor blade scraper. I got dust on my paint roller while painting a ceiling; didn't see it until it was dry. Gave it a shave. Worked nicely, but I didn't have a "glass smoothe" surface to mar :o)

Reply to
Norminn

use tack cloth before painting

Reply to
hallerb

Norminn:

Reply to
Greg Esres

I'm thinking the dust arrived after painting.

Reply to
Greg Esres