Electro Static painting

Perhaps someone will have a suggestion for me. I just bought a new entry door that I had planned to repaint from white to blue to match my garage doors. I find now that the door was painted white at the factory using an electrostatic method. What kind of paint must I buy (or is it possible at all) to repaint the door with a brush to match my other doors. I realise the finish will never be as smooth as a factory job. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
tolbiny

Auto body shop. Have them spray paint the color of your choice.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
Roemax

Call the door manufacturer customer service and ask them. Keep in mind that electrosttic painting is just a way to get more paint on the part and minimize overspray. It is always desireable to paint doors lying flat on a sawhorse so forget about the brush and consider renting a spray gun or even buying a Wagner Power Pooper to apply the finish. You most likely would be using oil based paint, so get with a good paint store for supplies/advice. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe