Electrical Q?

Interested what gfretwell would think --

New entry way added to existing house; there's receptacle in closet where now I've decided would like to have some shelves.

Could leave open under the bottom shelf but would be very inconvenient to reach.

Thought is to remove the outlet in the existing box, put feed and blank cover to new box on (removable) toe kick under the shelf for the outlet.

The 18" or so run would be completely inaccessible except for the removable toe kick and would be no junction outside a box.

Isn't _quite_ in Code but I can't see any real issue...

I did put another outlet in the closet with dual switch/outlet so even if it ends up being inaccessible, it's not like there's not one that can get to.

Reply to
dpb

As long as you are not "damaging the building finish" to get to the splice you are legal. You might have to take a dozen screws out to remove all the "covers" but it is still legal if you can put them back without spackle and paint. You don't have to be able to get to the wire, just the splice.

Reply to
gfretwell

Thanks...

Reply to