Electrical mystery

After a lightning storm the other night, my garage and breezeway power was gone. I can't find any circuit breaker that is tripped that represents this circuit in the main box. The garage was an addon to the house. Besides wiring a to a breaker in the main box, what are some other possibilities of how this circuit could be protected?

Reply to
SJP

A ground fault interrupter.... a GFI...and outlet with push to test and reset buttons..

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Check if you have a GFI outlet that tripped, which could be feeding your garage and breezeway.

Reply to
Mikepier

Awesome. I just found it and hit the button and presto all is well. Thanks so much. You just helped me win a bet with my wife. Now she has to 'put out' when she comes home in an hour.

Reply to
SJP

"has to"? Geez, that sounds exciting.

Reply to
Toller

"..Ever man should have a wife,... some things you can't blame on the government"... {paraphrase, Jed, speaking to Granny}

Oren They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction. Janet Reno, Attorney General, Friday, February 27, 1998

Reply to
Oren

Make sure you have the camcorder rolling and take some pics. Its the least you can do since we helped you out.

Reply to
Mikepier