Dusty house 2

I have a dusty house, like Charlie, with a different twist. This house (in N. Texas) has three AC systems, two of which show no unusual build-up of dust on the filters after a month or two. The third, which serves the master bedroom and bath, collects a considerable amount of gray dust--enough to obscure the surface of the filter--in a month. The filters are the standard 1-inch filters in the return vents, and I'm using Filtrete electrostatics. This seems to me to point to an open duct, but I haven't been able to find one. I understand that simply taping everything with duct-tape isn't considered adequate. I'm not opposed to hiring someone to fix it if I could be convinced that it is a duct problem. Any more ideas? Thanks, Joe

Reply to
Joe

could be your bed

Reply to
minder

Just a thought; Is it possible that your clothes dryer exhaust is near the return for this unit? Maybe the ducts are in the same wall cavity?

dust--enough

Reply to
John Grabowski

Reply to
CDET 14

Please explain . . . and thanks.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Well the filter ends up looking like the dryer screen. And I'm not particularly confident about the dryer vent. But the utility room and the bedroom are some distance apart. I'll look into this though. Thanks.

Joe

Reply to
Joe