Dumb computer games

I really just play 2 Spider solitaire and Free cell. I seem to cruise around 91% on spider tho. It is a strategy game where you are thinking ahead in virtual chess terms. Free cell is a mental cool down. The choices are all looking at you.

Reply to
gfretwell

I've got spider solitaire and my browser open right now. Solitaire gets my attention while a page is loading.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelicapaganelli

Spider solitaire is fun for me. Don't have the patience to do 4 suites and just use 2. If you get 91% I suspect it is only one. If 4, you are much smarter than me.

GD Microsoft on my newer laptop with Win 10 now puts commercials in these games and wants you to pay a buck a month to remove them.

Reply to
Frank

I've played over 50,000 games of Free Cell in sequence. It is nice for a mental break at work. Not too taxing. At home if my wife has a TV show I'm not interested in, I play some Free Cell.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

There is a hack to load the older version of these games into 10. I imagine if you just copied the .EXE file over from XP it would work tho. Newer versions depend on a .DLL

Reply to
gfretwell

I play Spider Solitaire since it's relaxing. I had been using the version from Windows XP, but now prefer the Linux version (called "Penguin Spider"). For one thing no machine gun sound while dealing.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

You can go into options and turn the sound effect off.

Reply to
gfretwell

I'm a programmer. My life is a frigging computer game.

Reply to
rbowman
[snip]

I discovered that after it became annoying, so have a negative association with that version. Also, notice that I said that was ONE reason not ALL. I like the "suggestions" feature of the Linux version.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd