Ductless Split AC fan always on problem

I installed a Mitsubishi ductless split system in a guest house. At the time of purchase, I was given the impression that it functioned like central air. Unless I am using it incorrectly, it is now my understanding that when on, the fan is supposed to run continuously. This means that there is noise (although not at high levels ...still suboptimal when trying to sleep) and continuous electricity usage even when cooling is not needed.

Am I missing something? Should I be able to set it to work like a central air unit and have it operate only when the room temp is above the desired temp? Do other models have this feature? If not, do you think this is a big drawback of ductless split systems? If so, it seems like designing one to operate like central air should not be that difficult and would be advantageous (although I am not an engineer). Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

Joel

Reply to
Joel

go here: