ductless split A/C system

You sure talk a big talk. OTOH, your record of the last few weeks proves to the rest of us that you've never done more than read a book or two on the subject. And apparently books that the working tech and/or engineer should avoid.

hvacrmedic

Reply to
RP

Paul came up with approx a 2% gain. OTOH, that is considering 100% absorption and a perpetual maximum exposure. I converted this to a savings of a dollar or two per month during the hot summer, but didn't subtract for the partial exposure and partial absorption. With these accounted for it works out to less than one dollar per month savings during the hottest months. Also the heat exhausted from the condenser is the sum of the extracted indoor heat plus the energy input to the compressor, thus Paul's hypothetical figure of 36000 btu/hr would have to be adjusted to account for the EER, further reducing the percent savings.

hvacrmedic

Reply to
RP

You sure talk a big talk. OTOH, your record of the last few weeks proves to the rest of us that you've never done more than read a book or two on the subject. And apparently books that the working tech and/or engineer should avoid.

hvacrmedic

Reply to
RP

Yep. He's an idiot, too. He used to ride the short bus to his special school.

Reply to
HeatMan

Thank you all very much for the advice. I must say that all this internal gripping is a little annoying. And I must comment that in the Friedrich Wall mounted split type air conditioners installation instructions found at:

It says: "If possible, do not install the unit where it would be exposed to direct sunlight. (If necessary, install a blind that does not interfere with the air flow.)

I am just reporting what I read.

Thanks again. Jason.

Reply to
Jason