Drywall Question...

i have a hole about 12 x 12 in a closet that i want repaired. I spoke to super of my building he says he can put a piece of wood in it then screw it in

My question is can he not get a piece of drywall and fix it that way so there won't be a mess and basically blen it in with the other part. Knowing him he will make a mess and since i own this place i don't want it visible when i sell

Is this is possible can you tell me how to do it so when he comes i will sound like i know what i"m talking about...lol

Thanks For Replies

Reply to
Morning Glory

i forgot to mention it is a hole in the ceiling of closet.

Thanks Again

Reply to
Morning Glory

If you want to sound like you know what you're talking about, try using proper grammar and punctuation.

.

i[capitalize] have a hole about 12 x 12[what unit? Miles? Parsecs? in a closet that i[capitalize] want repaired. I spoke to super of my building he says he can put a piece of wood in it then screw it in[period]

My question is[colon] can he not get a piece of drywall and fix it that way so there won't be a mess and basically blen[blen?] it in with the other part.[Questions end with question mark, not period.] Knowing him[comma] he will make a mess[period, Capital] and since i[capital] own this place i[capital] don't want it visible when i[capital] sell[period]

Is this is possible can you tell me how to do it so when he comes i[capitalize] will sound like i[capitalize] know what i"m[capitalize, semicolon] talking about...lol[laughing at the end of a question makes you sound like an airhead.]

Thanks For[no caps] Replies[no caps; period]

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Take a remedial English class, please. Look to your local community college, and maybe adult ed classes.

.

i forgot to mention it is a hole in the ceiling of closet.

Thanks Again

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And NEVER, EVER top post.

Reply to
Dan Espen

The best fix would be to put a piece of plywood over the hole on the attic side, screw that in then cut your drywall patch and screw that to the plywood, tape and mud in.

If you don't have the depth to get that big a piece of plywood in you can use a couple strips of 1x3 along the edges and screw the patch into that.

Plan B would be to frame in the plywood patch and use it as an attic access, maybe even making it bigger (out to the framing)

Reply to
gfretwell

Bob,

No hope. He's belligerent about it.

Reply to
Dan Espen

English may not be his first language. At least the guy is trying to communicate and learn, and anyone that is asking for help or willing to learn from others is a-ok in my books.

The best chance to learn a language is between the ages of 1 and 6 and perhaps the poster was not raised in an English speaking household. Perhaps he is a lazy typer and perhaps not. I just like his willingness to learn.

Reply to
Duesenberg

To all the kind replies that was posted I thankyou

To others i'm a senior female & shame on you

Reply to
Morning Glory

Proper technique for that size is to

1) Screw a 2x4 across the verticals (2x4) 2) Screw the piece of drywall to the 2x4 3) Tape and mud to cover the edges 4) Paint
Reply to
Attila.Iskander