Drylok Waterproofing?

Has anyone here tried using Drylok to waterproof their basement? My daughter had good results with it and I was thinking of using it at my place.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

It works , but the concrete MUST be dry when you apply . I used it on the inside of the cellar , a couple of spots that were too damp didn't dry properly . Those were the only places I saw seepage - not much but enough to possibly have a problem with dampness .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I helped a friend apply it 20 years ago. One thing I remembered is we were both surprised at how thick the stuff was and how difficult it was to work into the rough cement blocks. IDK if it's the same today, but thought it worth mentioning that it's way harder than applying paint. It was so hard, he gave up and only applied it to a portion of all the original perimeter intended.

Reply to
trader_4

It is indeed thick . I rolled it on then came back immediately with a brush and worked it into the pores of the block . Every thing below grade level got 2 coats .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I tried that, it kinda works.

however after some rain big bubbles occured. i touched one and got wet......

ended up installing a interior french drain, which ended the problem

Reply to
bob haller