DryLok - Latex or Oil

I plan to paint my basement cinderblocks with DryLok. I don't get leakage per se, but I do get efflorescence buildup, which tends to lift the paint off the cinderblocks.

Any opinions or advice on the relative merits of latex vs oil DryLok?

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

I've only used the latex. It did the job. Be sure you follow the prep instructions, which include a good cleaning of the surface and removing any efflourscence buildup..

Reply to
Kyle Boatright

We used latex, only because we had to live in the house when we did it. The oil based stuff is a much stronger odor. The laytex has worked well for us thus far, and did not smell too bad.

Chris

Reply to
SilverUnicorn

I don't know. I got some pretty serious headaches when I spent the better part of the day working with the stuff. It's too cold outside to open the basement windows so I just powered through it. Still, I imagine the oil would be even worse.

Reply to
Brad