Drain water heater ??

Short answer: Yes. Every month or so is helpful.

It's a FAQ. Been discussed often.

Go to:

an Advanced Search on this newsgroup for: water heater draining

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

We've got a gas water heater, just under 3 years old.

Should I drain it as a routine maintenance procedure or not?? It hasn't been drained so far.

thanks

Reply to
Jim-Poncin

My 40 gal gas water heater has about 5 gallons of brown 'muck' in the bottom after 5 years of no draining.

I suppose I'll start draining it every couple of months. That delicate plastic drain valve is still working fine so far, but I take extra care when touching it.

Reply to
Sherman

Reply to
nospambob