Don't hire a Spanish architect to design your hi-rise.

Hi, Add to that, a bridge.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Wonder how big the bribe was to whatever entity was supposed to approve the plans.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

It says this:"Developers of a 47-story apartment building in Benidorm, Spain, have forgotten to include room for an elevator."

Did they completely forget to provide space for an elevator (highly unlikely that nobody, even the construction laborer who sweeps the floor, would notice this until building completion), or was the space they provided, maybe a continuation of what was provided for the lower floors, end up being insufficient for a taller building?

Reply to
Kuskokwim

Suspect the latter, and I can easily see how that could happen.

even if someone noticed it and RFI'd it, I've dealt with arrogant A/Es who would basically respond in so many words "trust me we know what we're doing" unless the originator of the RFI was directly related to the elevators. (and sometimes even when it was something that was my area of experience, I'd get that answer anyway.)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel