dog digs hole

My dog keeps digging a hole in the same spot and I keep filling it up with dirt. This spot is right in front of the steps off the back deck so I can't leave it there. I yell at her, I bring her over to the hole and tell her "No" or "Bad Dog" but she keeps doing it. There isn't anything there other than fresh dirt and the hard compacted stuff underneath it.

How can I stop the dog from doing this?

Reply to
badgolferman

There are a couple fixes here: No idea if they work but they'd be handy.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Are you sure? Jimmy Hoffa may be buried there.

Reply to
gfretwell

Hi Badgolferman,

This is because she is a domesticated wolf. Wolves bury their catch for later dining. And they will steel from each other, so if they find a hole, they will dig it up figuring there is dinner beneath. She keeps digging it up because she sees that it has been disturbed.

Okay, here is a trick a dog lover told me.

1) put the dog somewhere she can't see what you are doing.

2) blow up a ballon, tie it off, and put it in the hole

3) thinly cover the hole with dirt. Don't try to hide the cover up job. You want her to think another dogs has had at the hole. Just make it so she can't see the ballon and will scratch at it. This will make her think another dogs buried food.

4) let dog lose in the yard. Scratch! Bang! Problem solved.

Do this with all her holes.

Laughing is allowed.

:-)

-T

That is really funny, T!

Reply to
Muggles

My dog keeps digging a hole in the same spot and I keep filling it up with dirt. This spot is right in front of the steps off the back deck so I can't leave it there. I yell at her, I bring her over to the hole and tell her "No" or "Bad Dog" but she keeps doing it. There isn't anything there other than fresh dirt and the hard compacted stuff underneath it.

How can I stop the dog from doing this?

Bury some of the dog's own shit there, not too far down, and it won't dig there again. Kenny

Reply to
Kenny

Buy him a ticket to a C&W concert in Las Vegas? ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob