Dog Crap on Front Yard

"David Babcock" wrote in news:SakJb.726049$Tr4.1847379@attbi_s03:

OR deliver it to the apartment leasing office,with a photo/video of the person and their dog making the deposit on your lawn,and a letter requesting they address the problem.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"David Babcock" wrote in news:K6BJb.737661$Fm2.652675@attbi_s04:

There's also those ultrasonic repellers made for dogs.Some are motion- sensitive.

(Not the 'bug repellers'.)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

snipped-for-privacy@KILLSPAMMERShotmail.com (vairxpert) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.netnitco.net:

Just what do you advocate? There ARE laws against assaulting people and ones against cruelty to animals.You could end up going to jail yourself.

Besides,assaulting a dog owner with his dog present may get you attacked by the dog.(and rightfully so.)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote in news:27189-3FF69C7E-373@storefull-

3138.bay.webtv.net:

Laws against discharge of firearms within city limits;BIG problem. Also cruelty to animals laws.(smaller problem)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Feed the dog some wafarin.

Shove a cattle prod up its ass and give it a few jolts.

Pain usually helps discourage unwanted behavior.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Banty wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com:

First,there are laws against assaulting a person,and ones against cruelty to animals.Then,it's also legitimate self-defense on the dog owners' part;you might not survive the assault. It's also not very smart to attack a dog owner while his dog is within reach.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"Jon Endres, PE" wrote in news:w3DJb.2543$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.news.adelphia.net:

IMO,it's at least vandalism.

Post a sign saying the area is being videotaped for prosecution evidence. Then do that if people persist,and laws provide for it.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Nice thought, but if anything, anything at all happens to the cat, you're the first suspect. If more than one person heard you say it, then that whole "suspect" thing is official.

Reply to
William Morris

You're a piece of s**te, "b". Wear that message as a T-Shirt down at the local F.O.P. and THEN I'll be impressed. You love to email it, but actually put the courage of your conviction behind it? HA! What courage?

Reply to
William Morris

Entertaining, but actionable. Prolly not a good idea.

This is one of the more interesting suggestions yet (and there's been some real bullshit flying). I could see a perp being so unnerved by the whole photography process - especially if you make a production of it (might be fun having a standard talent release form handy!) - that they'd avoid the yard of "that crazy dude down the street."

Reply to
William Morris

One thing I haven't seen mentioned here. When I lived in town, ten feet of "my" lawn was city property. Of course, they "allowed" me to maintain it but I could not exclude anyone from walking on it. I discovered this when trying to stop the neighbor kids from cutting the corner with their bikes. They did have a pooper scooper ordinance though.

I would contact code enforcement first.

Failing to get relief there, I would photograph the dog in the act and follow the dog owner home so you know who is responsible. Then hire someone reputable such as a vet clinic employee to clean the mess one time. This establishes what it costs to remove dog poop. Then sue the dog owner in small claims court for the maximum amount allowed. 100 days at $50=$5000 or whatever.

Dog owner may protest his pooch only used your yard once. Your assertion is that someone uses it daily and he is the only one you have seen. Even if you only win the one day rate plus court costs, it will get around that you are serious.

Reply to
andy asberry

Ken Hall wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I don't have this problem as bad as described, and so I don't know how well this will work, but I once read of a fellow who cooked up a few pounds of bacon and bottled the grease. Just before an 'event' was aout to happen, he heated some of the grease and then poured it over some deposits left the day before.

No real anecdotes as to the veracity of the results but the rumor was the dog was far more interested in discovering the grease *before* doing the duty.

Reply to
Brian Smither

Well, yeah. And not only that - it just doesn't move things toward the desired solution (especially when you have a diffuse bunch of apartment dwellers to deal with). The mousy dog handler who backs off when the homeowner puffs up his chest may well make *that* lawn the *preferred* doggie-do locale from then on whenever he notices that the homeowner's car isn't in the driveway. (And question him about it - believe me it'll nevvvvver nevvver be hiiim - it surely must be some ooooother apartment dweller...)

Unless the OP is willing to sit shotgun on his front porch 24/7, the tough guy intimidation tactics just plain aren't going to work.

Banty

Reply to
Banty

Feed not the troll.

Reply to
Dan Hartung

You could put up a short fence.. kinda like the picket fence style... block the dogs from getting into your yard

Reply to
Daniel L. Belton

If it gets to a jury, chances are they'd be harsher on the cruelty to the dog than the discharge of firearm. Especially if the dog is cute. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

In addition. put a couple or poles in the ground as ring a simple rope fence. Hand the no trespassing signs on it and curb your dog signs. The people will know you are serious and will be less likely to walk their dog on your property. Walk out there with a camera also.

You have to let them know you mean business and may be watching at any time. Even at night. If someone walks near the line, take a photo. Does not matter if it comes out, just the flash may be a deterrent. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

A Google search for "electric fence chargers" or "electric fence energizers" will get you a good selection of options. Or, if you live anywhere near a rural area, the local farm supply stores such as Tractor Supply Company or Southern States Cooperative should also be able to help. Actually, TSC is a pretty cool place and is also online

Here's a good solar fence energizer:

Joe F.

Reply to
rb608

No you are a peice of shit for supporting terrorists.

Civil War for 2004

Asshole civil war is home repair.

voodoo disease 666