Does this seem like a fair price for a heat pump replacement?

For a 700 sf condo in Suburban Washington DC

$3845 installed (split system - heat pump and indoor furnace)

Carrier 12 SEER heat pump Weathermate 38BYG - 18,000 BTUs

The will install using existing duct system and line set, and remove old equipment.

Is this in the ballpark?

Thanks

Reply to
Charlie Beagle

Yes

Reply to
Kathy

Not from Sears....and thats who you are getting it from.. You REALLY need to include that.

Reply to
CBHvac

I called Sears for a bid. A person came and left me a bid on a yellow sheet of legal paper. Not a proposal outlining the work, but just a simple "this is how much it is going to cost." No model number, no SEER, not much. They wanted $4850 for a 700 sf condo AC.

I had the work done by another company for $2500, getting new ductwork, a new jack, a new HEIL canned ham 12 SEER unit, a new thermostat and the crane.

Steve

Reply to
Desert Traveler