Does the car have a hater or an AC?

Interesting. I leave the floor and face level vents open all the time and I've never had dry eyeballs. The only time I don't is before the car warms up, and then for a minute or two I send all the air to my feet.

But even set at 73 the air was 110.

It's required because I'm curious.

My friend with a Cadillac warned me that I should get a non-automatic heater, but with used cars, one doesn't have much choice.

Reply to
micky

Even when I have the top up, I always have air coming out of the dash vents. (When the top is down, if it's cold, I might have the temp all the way up to HOT and the fan on the highest speed, 5. Why would I put the top down when it's that cold out. Either to carry something that won't fit otherwise, or because I find myself in a scenic area, or downtown on a Sunday when I want to look up and see the buildings' architecture. It's still a lot warmer than riding a bicycle or a horse, or taking a walk, in the same weather.

Reply to
micky

On the Solara you can select where the heat goes independently of whether the AC is on or not.

Reply to
clare

Of course!! If it is 40 in the car and you want it to heat up to 72 it will never get there if the air coming out the vent is onlyt at 72.

Like I said, you need to understand how a heater works (along with a lot of other things) then you won't always be bitching about things not working the way you think it should work. (and you won't have to ask really stupid questions)

Sure you do. You could buy something simple like a Yaris - - -

Reply to
clare

Another fine car screwed by duct tape... He could give it to me. I would overcome any obstacles posed to own a convertible. I don't know if I would fit in it but I would try.

Reply to
Tekkie®

I knew a guy who one that complained about a clunking noise on turning right. I crawled under and showed him all the grease and where a boot should have been... He said it's been that way for awhile?

Reply to
Tekkie®

ROFL. 180F hot air coming from a car heater vent? Yes, some air molecules right at the heater core, if there was no air flowing could approach 180F. But with cabin temp air of 70F flowing past it, it's not going to come out anywhere near 180F. Following your theory, hot air a foot above a steam radiator would be 212F.

Reply to
trader_4

I wasn't going to include but I buy high-end used cars.

Without ordering it special, I don't think my friend had much choice for his heater in the Cadillac, either.

Reply to
micky

If you can't afford a new hiugh end car you can't afford a used one either.

Peple who drive used high end cars are generally wanna-bes or has-beens.

Reply to
clare