Thanks for all the advice!
Previously, I posted the wrong URL to the Klein tools so here's the
correction with the photos:
1. Diagram of proposed setup (based on everyone's advice!)
2. WISP antenna pointed at the next ridge about 2000 feet away:
3. Temporary "bucket router" to bring signal into house wirelessly:
4. Crawl space view up into the floor of the office (center of house):
5. Crawl space view over to the game room (far end of house):
6. Entry point at the office (where the office jack will be placed):
7. Entry point of the game room with box of cable proposed:
8. Klein Tools $80 cable tester bought from Home Depot (unopened as yet):
At this point, my WISP provider is asking me to set the radio in "bridge"
mode with a certain 10.x.y.z IP address and then to set my broadband
router to +1 that IP address.
So, that's my next step. If that works (it didn't when I tried it
earlier), then I will begin the permanent wiring (based on all your
This is a great team - special thanks to the key posters on
alt.internet.wireless (Jeff, miso, clare, Char, Charlie, Stephen, krw, et
al) and alt.home.repair (trader4, Oren, willshak, et al).
You guys make the USENET work in ways the web can't compete with!