Does anyone make a STURDY Tire Wrench

I had an earlier post that I sent too quickly...

Also the fit of the part will be correct while after market can be pure crap. Especially body parts.

Reply to
Tekkie®

I agree with this. Most dealers offer discounts. I don't know Toyotas pricing structure but they have to stay in business too. Every business buys wholesale and sells "retail"

Also the Toyota dealer I go to doesn't charge for small shit like r&r refills, bulbs, etc. Then again I throw them the money maker jobs and they even discount my labor rate.

Reply to
Tekkie®

notbob posted for all of us...

Both owned by Stanleyworks located outside the USA. I don't know about Snap- On anymore.

Reply to
Tekkie®

One source of S-K, Proto, Blackhawk, Bonney(?) tools is Graingers.

Reply to
Tekkie®

The one single rivet wasn't the real problem. I 'doubled nuttered" a small bolt with a star washer to replace the rivet. Holds up very well. Two dimples in the interior door panel had to be drilled out to

1/2" to allow access to the bolt mounts for the regulator motor, as did the one rivet having to be drilled. The hide removal and blood letting is trying to mount the motor on the regulator inside the panel when you have to "feel" your way and can't see what is going on. Trying to get the motor gear line up. Now days they sure make it difficult on a DIY type person. The back window motor is the same, for the most part. PITA. I bought the thumb rackets after the first fix. Still have two motors to fix
Reply to
Oren

Snap-On is still USA made. Blue Point may or may not be depending on the t ool.

SK is still USA

Proto I believe is mostly USA

Williams (now "Williams/Snap-On Industrial") varies. Have to check COO on their web site.

not sure if any other tool lines are all USA made or are easy to verify.

I wish my local NAPA carried SK and Proto! SK seems to be mail order only now after they lost a lot of dealers a few years back when they went under, but the new Ideal-owned SK tools appear to be just as good as the old ones you remember.

For sockets today I'd probably buy SK for combination wrenches the new WrightGrips seem to be just as good as Sna p-On Flank Drive Plus for a lot less money, and those two are a cut above e verything else if you ever see yourself in a spot where you need to use an open end on something old and rusty. Otherwise I like my old SK SuperKrome s.

Reply to
N8N

SK stuff is way cheaper through Epstein's or Tooltopia.

nate

Reply to
N8N

I already said it's a 95 Chevy pickup. Standard rims. The lugnuts have plastic caps that look like chrome lugnuts. I removed those worthless things when I got the truck.

Reply to
Jerry.Tan

Ah, OK so they're the open ended ones with the little threaded bits on them.

If there's a standard chromed steel "acorn" style lug nut that will fit, I would replace all with those (but for a different reason - open end ones when not covered may allow corrosion to form between the stud and nut)

Really, chromed steel acorn lug nuts IMHO are what should be used on just about every street driven vehicle...

nate

Reply to
N8N

Would sure help if they used better punch presses when they punch the holes out of the sheet metal. Sometimes I think the auto companies use surplus equipment from Gillette!!!!

Reply to
clare

Exactly how I operated as Service Manager when I was at the Toyota dealership. Why make a work order for a 5 minute job when it costs (at the time, 10 years ago, before computerized work orders) $25 to process a work order, including the cost of the pre-printed form - through to final disposal/archiving from the Cardex file.

Reply to
clare

Most used RN14Y and RJ14Y (slant sixes, 318 and 360 standard performance) and RN12Y or RJ12Y for 273, 340, and 360 HP)

Reply to
clare

Oren posted for all of us...

Around here the NAPA stores have the crimper and will make you any style length one wants. I guess it's a crapshoot about the stores.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Ah yes, that's the numbers. Thanks!

Reply to
Tekkie®

Many business' do not realize this. I have worked for some. The gov't is especially good for this. This is counter productive because the better people are using work around s and outsmart what should be tracked.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Where do you think Gillette gets the blades from? The scalpel makers get first divs, then Gillette, then Ginsu knives.

Reply to
Tekkie®

A 45 would be an AC plug R45XL and R44XL

Reply to
clare

Oren posted for all of us...

e:

Buy NOW! But wait there is more... We'll double the order you only pay quadruple the price! Watta deal.

Reply to
Tekkie®