Does Anyone Make...

a circuit breaker (G.E.) that has surge protection built in? I would like to run a new circuit or two to my computer equipment and this seems like it would be the best/uncluttered way to have surge protection on them. Thanks, Joe

Reply to
JW

You know, your computer equipment draws about as much power as a desk lamp. Why do you want separate circuits? It isn't an air compressor or a table saw.

You can't really avoid the clutter with all the cables and shit. You can hide the cables, and while you are hiding them, hide the surge protector too.

Reply to
donald girod

"JW" wrote in news:l1kQa.216$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

Yes. The ones I've seen protect all branch circuits in the panel, not just what's connected to the load of the surge suppressor breaker. Here are examples from Siemens:

Doug

Reply to
Doug

If you really want to protect the computer, install a UPS (uninterruptable power supply). It keeps a steady voltage going to the computer and kicks off input if it goes too high or too low as well as surges that a surge protector would catch.

Tom J who has ups on all electronics

Reply to
Tom J

quoting:

A breaker for a single circuit? No. Whole house protector? Yes.

Yes UPS's are great. Just be sure to but a good quality unit. Cheap ones don't have good enough surge protection.

Reply to
JM