Do you know another brand or name for this radio?

Do you know another brand or name for this radio?

One of the best things about Radio Shack was their computer.

It showed what they sold and, within the limits of accurate inventory, how many each store had.

Plus, they had the manual for everything going all the way back afa my needs went.

I bought this radio for my mother, so she'd be able to change stations more easily, with the push of a button. I looked and there were very few AC radios with push-button tuning, let alone table radios. (And that's still true afaik**, 25 years later.)

But Radio Shack had one. Now I've forgotten how it works and RS is struggling to get back up.

So... Do you know another name for this radio?

If it's made under another name, and most things are made under more than one brand, maybe I can find the manual.

I searched on the RS names, Chromatic 292 12-1592 and found a manual for $25, but that's too much. I think it's more than the radio cost!

**I bought a push-button radio at Target about 10 years ago, but for the alarm clock, not the radio**. It does have push button tuning, but the speaker is tiny and the sound is terrible, and if I say that with my low standards (and who listens mostly to talk) you know it's true. They don't seem to sell anything like this anymore, but it has two alarms, plus a Nap setting up to 2 hours (I wish the nap setting went up to 14 hours); the volume of the alarm buzzer starts low and gets louder, so you're not jarred awake by a loud noise and so if someone else is there, there's a better chance she won't be wakened also; and it's small (hence the bad sound).

**I was hoping they would eventually sell a model with the improvements I wanted, but instead they sell nothing like it now.

Reply to
Micky

Micky, try one of these. Not sure what it is about the clock radio that baffles you - I can figure just about any of them out in various hotels in about 3 minutes.

There are a number of online hits for different iterations of the Chronomatic line. Have you tried the instructions for the 290, etc.

Start here and look further...

I was "hoping" that some kind stranger would walk by me on the street and hand me a shoebox full of "Benjamins" but that hasn't happened yet either.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Unless you're looking for identical one, even Walmart sells it. Do a search "Push button Alarm clock/radio" Many hits.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I did, but the tuning in that one is with a traditional dial. No need to set presets.

This was always a problem radio. I gave it to my mother when she was old, and one night the alarm went off, loud even though it was in another room, and she couldn't turn it off, or reach the plug, or maybe she did unplug it but it was still beeping. I came over and I couldnt' turn if off either. After she died and I got it, I learned I had to turn the sleep switch on before I could turn it off, but I never learned how to set the preset stations.

I have the instructions somewhere but who knows where. I'll just have to spend a half hour trying every combination.

Reply to
Micky