DIY stand for a new bench saw?

My wife bought this saw for me for Christmas (Isn't she great!):

(sorry for the long link!)

I want to either buy a stand from Canadian Tire:

make one from a bunch of old 2 X 4's I already have. My question:

Anyone have a website or online source of a plan I can make my own stand for this bench saw?

Suggestions / advice / comments / tips / ideas?

Howie

Reply to
Howie

A few 2x4 'shorts' and some plywood or particle board for the top. $10-15 tops

Or just bolt it down to your workbench. If no workbench it's time to build one.

Reply to
Martik

Here's a more elaborate plan:

Martik

I wonder where I could get a few dimensions....

Reply to
Howie

-snip-

How about some inspiration-- I don't know where the plans are these days, but this was the first picture I found of "The Ultimate Tool Stand".

This was the original url before shrinking-

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

3East_id=1408474396670271&bmUID=1104989022047,

Your links did not work for me so I did not see the one you might buy.

I don't have any links or plans but when I built mine for my first saw I built it so that the top of the saw set level with the top of the table I built. This provided extra support on the sides of the blade and to the outfeed side of the blade for panel cutting. The saw bottom actually sat on a shelf. I had a second box that allowed my router to sit in the same space and use the same table.

To build you would just measure your saw and draw plans from there.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt