DIY source for solar HWH tanks?

Anyone know if there's a source where someone can just buy a tank for a solar system with the heat exchanger built into it? Mine is dying and the guy that installed it 20 years ago or so wants $1500 to replace it. Now I do have some granola crunchy tendencies, but I dunno if it's really worth that much money, but if I can get the tank for a couple hundred I'm sure I can muscle it down the stairs and solder it up.

thanks,

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

You should be able to find plenty of potential sources at

Pete C.

Any electric water heater tank, and a solar wand heat exchanger from

(no connection, not even a customer, but it sounds like it should work well...).

sdb

Reply to
sylvan butler