DIY mold test kit?

Whenever it is winter I tend to get scratchy throat prone to getting sinus infection just sitting at home. Since I live in a rainy winter area, I wonder if there is mold growing somewhere and leaking into the hvac.

I see DIY mold test kit online. I believe they are dishes filled with agar gel. Can these kit really tell the difference between toxic mold versus not so toxic ones (e.g. mold that grows on bread)?

Reply to
James