Dishwasher problems

We have a Maytag tall tub dishwasher that we bought in July 2007. About a month ago, I noticed that the "clean" LED would sometimes not light up and sometimes light up dimly. The problem got worse and the "wash" and "dry" LED's also stopped lighting up. About a week after the problem started, the three LED's never lit up at all.

Today, I was unable to get the dishwasher to start washing at all. When I pressed the "start/cancel" button some of the other LED's light would light up very dimly but the dishwasher would not start.

Could it be possible for me to fix the dishwasher by taking the door apart, unplugging and then re-plugging all the connectors? Thank you in advance for all replies.

-- Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY, REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"

Reply to
Daniel Prince

Possible, but I doubt it. You can also try disconnecting and reconnecting the power, but I doubt that will help. My guess is the control circuit is dead and probably needs an expensive repair. The boards run from $85 to $150 it seems. Check here

Ed Pawlowski

Could also be water has gotten inside the door and if you're lucky, taking it apart, drying it out, resealing, etc could work. But if you have to order a circuit board of similar, it becomes very problematic. If you DIY, it could be cost effective to fix, but unless the component can be 100% identified as failed, you can wind up buying a non-returnable part and not solving it. And to call a repair service costs so much that it usually makes more sense to get a new one, unless it's a very expensive one.

Reply to
trader4