Dishwasher on the attack!

Hi folks,

We have a built-in Kitchenaid Superba model KUD501FKPA1 (Maple front, stainless steel interior) dishwasher that suddenly started letting it door open with no restraint (i.e., the door stays closed properly, but when you pull on the door to open it, it just flies open and will whack you in the knees on the way down -- most unsettling). :(

It did not used to do this as I think it must have had a spring or some tensioner that snapped. Anyone familiar with these dishwashers care to speculate on what happened and what I will need to do to fix it?

I assume I will need to order a spring, pull the unit out of the counter and replace the spring from underneath, or is it going to be a bigger deal than this? Need special tools? Any labor saving tips?. Anybody know the part number so I don't have to remove it twice?

Thanks in advance for any help.

best,

doug

'72 BSA B50SS '74 Triumph TR6 '01 Harley XLH883 '03 GMC Cargo Van
Reply to
old dirtbeard

Try

or
for some help. Yes, there is a spring, but I've never looked for it so I don't have a clue where to find it.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski