dishwasher

I was told that I need to change the filter in my diswasher. I have NO idea how to do this. This dishwasher was here when we moved here .... so I don't have a book. It's a Kenmore. Can anyone help me out by either telling me what to do or sending me to a URL that will be helpful? Thanks,

Reply to
Knit Chic

There are probably 200 or more models of Kenmore DW over the past 20 years. It may have been made by Frigidaire, Whirlpool, or whoever. Find the model number, go to the Sears.com web page and see if they have the manual available to download.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

My Kenmore is 28 years old and I'm pretty sure doesn't have any filter, unless one counts the basket one sees clearly in the bottom. It unclips (I'm carefully waiting for the clips to break) (I read the owners manual at least once.)

Reply to
mm

On or about Wed, 6 Jun 2007 10:36:39 -0400 did "Knit Chic" dribble thusly:

Told by who? Some dishwashers have no filter. Some have one, but it's self-cleaning.

If you have a filter that's meant to be manually cleaned, it should be pretty easily accessible, so just poke around inside until you see something that fits the description, or give up and assume you don't have one.

Reply to
Mike Ruskai

Kenmore is the house "brand" of Sears. Sears does not make appliances; there is no Kenmore factory. Other companies make products for Sears and slap Kenmore livery on them. Your first step is to find out who made your dishwasher. Look for the manufacturer's ID tag and get the model number prefix. Kenmore products will have a model number something like 110 123456789. The 110 means Whirlpool made it. 363 means GE, 630 means Bosch, etc. You can find some Sears prefix decoders on the web, like this one:

Bill