DISHONEST CONTRACTORS HAVE SAVED ME A LOT OF MONEY

If contractors weren't so bad, I'd be paying them to work for me.

Since they mostly are crooks, I have been forced to do my own projects thereby saving tons of money. Plus, my home is especially beautiful.

So, I'd like to thank all the Dishonest Contracts because I have benefitted from them.

Reply to
neilyoung_at_heart_2006

Contractors are human beings and, as such, you should investigate them on an individual basis. Intelligent folks do the same thing with doctors, lawyers, ..............

Painting with a wide brush is for the feeble minded.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Yeah, but in this case, the brush could be 3 feet wide, and still not be broad. I agree w/ the OP. Unfortunately, DIY, esp outside, is becoming less and less of an option for me.

But a true funny story: I got some contractors (day rate) at my place, screwing me slowly but good. Ahm at the building supply place, that's also screwing me good, totally confused, and a guy taps me on the shoulder, pointing out various errors in my ordering process (gutters, parts, etc for the guys already at my place). I'm really embarrassed, and tell him, Yo, I don't have a g-d, you got a card??

Turns out to be a local guy w/ a very nice partner, and they have been doing OK for a while now, reasonable, personable, helpful, etc. Not perfect, but overall good, helpful guys.

Keep looking. I think smaller is generally better, altho even recommended guys have been disasters for me. Mebbe someone will tap you on the shoulder at the building supply... :)

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

They have one goal: get as much money as possible for as little work as possible.

Reply to
MRS. CLEAN

I was one of those contractors for a long time. I have a million dollar home, drive a new Corvette, have a small airplane (Cessna 172), fly to Vegas often and spend endless amounts of money and still have buckets left. You know how I managed this? Because there's a sucker born every minute. I eventually did some prison time for my wayward ways but I had my money structured and hidden right. So hey, you're quite welcome. Retired and loving life!

Reply to
An Old Gypsy

An Old Gypsy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

So why are you screwing around on this pion newsgroup?

With all them bucks, you should have some better toys to keep you occupied.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Because I actually give advice here, a lot of it too. I changed my nym for this post so as not to expose myself. I enjoy doing it, what can I say.

Reply to
An Old Gypsy