Disc tray won't open

Sharp Mini Component System (model CD-C420)

When I press the OPEN/CLOSE button, the disc tray doesn't open.

How can I open the tray?

Reply to
gcotterl

Stick a paper clip in the little hole in front.

Reply to
gfretwell

Try here:

hrhofmann

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Locate the drive on your computer. Right click and you should see the option: Eject. click on it.

Reply to
Earl

This is NOT a PC. It's a Sharp Mini Component System (i.e, CD changer, tape-player & AM/FM radio)

Reply to
gcotterl

Try reading the OP, folks. It is not a computer, it is a bookshelf stereo system. I couldn't tell from the photos on Google if it used a PC-style drive, but it didn't look thick enough to have an emergency release hole.

I did notice on Google that his post to AHR has already been scraped and mirrored by several different DIY web sites, though. Wonder if this one will be?

Reply to
aemeijers

Well a lot of things are going to be the same.

Take the posts that apply to you and ignore the others.

In my case, the friend who gave me the computer said the drive was bad but it worked for me, for a couple months and then it stopped opening and even with a paper clip it would fight me, open an eighth or quarter inch and shut again. I gave up and bought a new one. Maybe you'll have to do that too, but like he said, see sci.electronics.repair .

Reply to
mm

If it's the same height, I'd guess it will probably work, but ask on sci.electronics.repair.

Reply to
mm