Dirty Kitchen Woes

I wish I had better pics, but this is all I have right now. Thanks, Joe, for the photobucket suggestion! I forgot I had an account with them!

Reply to
stephanievanhoey

So I'm still new at this. :-) And it's past my bedtime. Long weekend ahead of me!

Have a great weekend everyone! I hope to have finished the room by Sunday. (Fingers crossed!!!)

stephanievanhoey

You're almost there. You posted the HTML code link. That's for a different purpose. Look below your picture for the "Direct Link" and use that one. For instance, this link takes you to an exciting shot of the water pressure regulator in my basement:

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Oh pshaw, on Fri 07 Dec 2007 11:02:06a, EXT meant to say...

Chrome plated steel was used in the 1940s.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Thanks for posting that one Joe. I ordered a 16 x 20 with frame. It is going to be hung in the living room after I give it to my wife for Christmas. I bet she'll be so excited she'll be speechless.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I'm deeply touched by your appreciation of the picture, and I hope it brings joy to your family for years to come. I also have a nice picture of my furnace's filter housing, if you're interested.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Wow, I think that kitchen is going to look terrific when you're finished. It already looks pretty good.

Stacia

Reply to
Stacia

If that stove is on an outside wall, you have a great opportunity in the future: A fan that vents directly to the outside, as all cooking fans should. Get out the Sawzall!

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

wrote

== Great kitchen! Have fun! BTW, I always use 409 for grease cutting jobs--Works great.

Reply to
Gini

Perhaps the filter housing can be put on T shirts and mugs at the Mall. It would make for unique gift giving this year. Great keepsakes.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote

Happy to help! As you may have seen my list, most of us realize you probably have many things to do and are working on the most important ones first.

You may want to think about white on the cabinets? It will get dirty real fast and show dirt something fierce. Humm, yellow and...maybe consider a light blue that matches to the yellow? Not knowing what the rest of the kitchen looks like, that may not match but it's an idea for you to think about.

Hahaha! Ok, peel it off then the same stuff you used for the wallpaper will help. I redid mine with 'corkwood paper' as it was easy and i could just put it over the top. It keeps things from sliding around too much as well.

Reply to
Cshenk

wrote

Sad grin, my prophecy comes true. Sorry to say but you will find more. Don't get down-hearted, just deal with what is needed first to occupy the house.

With no water, you do not know if sinks or tubs leak. If they do, you have to fix them right away or they will rot out the understructure *fast*. Get back with us right away if you find that. For me, we have a 3,800$ tub liner due in and have temp sealed with a simple silicone caulk which prevented any further damage. We caught it right away (actual leak probably not known by tenants, probably happened either just as they vacated or just as we moved in, caused by rust at drain hole).

Good! I was worried you were trying to beat a Jan rent check and might not have time.

Oh, I don't think you ae allowed to here. Folks post links to their pics. If you don't have a server or someplace to put them, see if another will do it for you at theirs? Except the occasional spammer, most folks here are pretty nice and will help all they know how.

Reply to
Cshenk

wrote

.

Perfect! See, another helped and I didnt know til i got to this message. The layout is well done for counterspace in a small kitchen.

It looks like the little nook that is open with just a drawer, might be workable to stow a dishwasher on wheels. These attach with hoses to your existing sink and drain. I can't tell if it's wide enough. You might have to cut the drawer out though to get it in. You roll it out, plug in, and do the dishes, then unplug and stow it back. Keep in mind for a later project? No plummer or electrician required. Alternative (cant tell if there is one already) is to lose the undercabinet space next to the sink and use that for a built in one.

The floor is an off-white? The door is white. Ok, maybe white cabinets might be best. if you can consider a light tan, that works too and wil be less hassle to maintain. I cant tell the countertop color but looks to be 'grey'?

Do you have a fridge yet? That spot looks a little on the 'short' side which is ok, but you'll have to be careful getting a fridge to make sure it fits.

I like the little pantry. Those are very useful and if the door is solid enough, you can mount a small ironing board in there that flips down when needed.

Ok!

Reply to
Cshenk