Delta 1400 faucet surprise

Just for the record, and in case anyone has more detailed information. Our Delta 1400 series single-lever bathtub faucet has been leaking, and my internet searches turned up several exploded diagrams with the water control balls in them. I purchased Delta parts at HD and disassembled. To my surprise - I know nothing about plumbing - the internals were completely different. They are pictured at

I actually used the rubber seats and springs that were for the ball-control system, and they appeared to fix the problem. You can see what I'm talking about in image 5. Now for my questions: what's the best way to search for a diagram that would have showed me these parts? Everything I came up with for the 1400 series was different. And does anybody know more about this system, where to get a repair kit, etc.?

Thanks,

Bruce Kimball from Louisville

Reply to
beekay

I actually used the rubber seats and springs that were for the ball-control

My house has the same type faucets. HD has the correct parts. BTW: The ball type is only on the faucets with the handle that swivels. The type you lift the handle to turn on and twist to adjust the temperature.

Al

Reply to
Big Al