Defrost timer for fridge

Model # GSS201EMA by GE

Where is it located?

Reply to
Question

I don't know that particular set, but most are on the bottom behind the kickplate.

Reply to
hrhofmann

It could be in the same housing as the interior thermostat. You may even see a hole to reach the one way manual operating shaft.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Go to any of the online appliance parts stores. You can put in your model # and they have exploded diagrams that show all parts and you can figure out where it's located.

Reply to
trader4

I went on the repairclinic site and tried to find the part, I couldn't find it. I used their Live Chat service and asked for help. It seems this model does not have a defrost timer. The part place I quoted my model number to sold me one. Interesting?? Of course I was ripped off, with these electronic stores having a no return policy, can I return this?? I obviously never used it as my broken fridge doesn't require one. Thoughts??

Reply to
Question

With GE, it could very well be one of the new computer models, that is so totally expensive to repair.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I tried the Sears Parts website, normally very good for help. Model number not found.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon