dedicated dripping faucet?

He implied that it did work. I'm not calling him a liar. I don't know that he's a lefty. ;-)

Leaving the water drip would not work in an unheated house.

Reply to
krw

You're wrong, of course.

Don't pretend to be some wiz-bang science kid. You can't even read.

You're full of shit, but that shouldn't be any news to you.

Reply to
krw

Assholes hang together, Trader.

Reply to
krw

Dilbert is not fiction.

Reply to
krw

It's mollecular allignment, not moving heat from other parts of the house.

In Farmer Bob's house, he's got a well, and pump. And septic. I didn't want to leave it drip, wasn't sure if the septic lines would freeze.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Nope. It's heat. A little drip, or trickle, isn't going to do it.

Septic lines won't (easily) freeze. They should be deep enough, as should the water from the well. Of course, if they were put in by the same moron that put pipes in uninsulated exterior walls...

Reply to
krw

Come, now. I've provided the scientific evidence that moving water won't freeze because of mollecular allignment. Are you going to continue to deny the facts?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Except that it does. If it didn't, rivers would never freeze.

Reply to
krw

Rivers have calm spots, where the water isn't moving. I guess you don't know the facts.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I know them well enough. So do pipes. The fact is that super-cooling (nucleation) is only a small factor, relative to heat.

Reply to
krw

Inquiring minds want to know what exactly is wrong with that? As the poster correctly points out, insulation only delays heat transfer. If you have a pipe that's in an area that is constantly below freezing, it will eventually freeze even if you have 3 ft of insulation around it, unless you get some heat to it somehow.

Reply to
trader4

I see the Cracker Jax engineer is out stalking again. You're just looking for a fight. Again.

Go away, kid.

Reply to
krw

don't argue with the limbaughnista...it's his way or your a lefty, that's how it is with the fundie addicts

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

There you have it folks. Typical krw. Makes a post falsely claiming someone is wrong. And when someone else points out that the poster is correct and krw is wrong, he hurls insults and claims I'm looking for a fight.

Mike:

"Insulating the pipe in an environment below freezing without enough heat flow from somewhere, possibly flowing water, does not prevent the pipe from freezing, eventually, no matter how much insulation you put on it. "

krw: "You're wrong, of course. "

Of course Mike is correct. krw, as is so often the case, is the one who is wrong. Add this to krw's list of embarrassments.

Reply to
trader4

he's a fundie and they aren't allowed to admit they are human

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Oh, look! Malformed has a new friend. Well, the two of them share a lot of characteristics.

Reply to
krw

yes, extreme right mr limbaugh

as i didn't quote anything, it would hard to be a fundie

since you lied about me quoting (just above in case you get lost again) you must be telling us that you are a leftie

stop projecting...I know it's very difficult for you to live with yourself, but then again no one else would ever take that chance with you, so get used to it

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Yes, I am right. ...and you're wrong about everything. Lies are wrong, by definition.

You're lying again. It is all you can do.

You're lying again.

Reply to
krw

when's the last time you had a friend?

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Unlike you lefties, I don't want liars as friends, Malformed.

Reply to
krw