Decorating Painted Concrete Floors

The fast setting is much better. And I say mix it wet first and then place it in the hole.

Reply to
sunshine

Have you looked at tiles instead? I don't know about your garage floor but mine is no where near clean/smooth/crack-free enough to be painted and used as a nice floor. You can get 12" or 16" square tiles black & white and it will be really nice.

Reply to
Richard Thoms

Either paint the whole floor white and then tape out the black squares. Or to save paint, use a chalk line first to make a grid then paint in the white squares leaving a little overlap into the soon to be black areas, wait for that to dry then tape out the black areas and paint in. Remove the tape before it dries.

You could also tape up twice but that blue tape gets expensive and the job is tedious. You can control the overlap area best this way though.

I assume black covers white better than the other way around but depending on the paint, it may work better black first or it might not matter. Do an experiment to see which to paint first.

Reply to
PipeDown