Deck lighting suggestions? (Railings are iron)

I have a deck about 12 feet square. The railings are wrought iron and 42" high. I could mount some light on the wall on the side that is against the house. Better lighting it seems is on the railings. But when I search the web all I find are for wood railings. :(

Don (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

How about installing a square wooden post light in a corner, wired through the bottom and under the deck.

Reply to
RBM

Best is small white courtesy lights made for use on boats. Mount on the underside of the metal railing, mounting and wiring will be a pain in the butt. Power from a suitably sized low voltage landscape lighting transformer.

Reply to
Pete C.

Can you floor mount some lights on the deck? I mean using flush mounted lights that are not a trip hazard. You might see them around larger buildings. Be aware the get hot (touching by children).

Reply to
Oren

This is a deck over a roof. It has removable panels in a parquet pattern.

Don (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

12ft sq? 3x4ft, so it holds one person
Reply to
ransley

12ft sq? 3x4ft, so it holds one person

Uh - no.

OP said 12 feet square - ie 12' X 12', not 12 square feet - ie 3" X 4' or 2" X 6".

At least that's how I read it.

Reply to
Doug Brown