CPVC failure

CPVC doe's not require 24 to cure as water can go down it in 10 mins have used this in my cabin for years pex elbows will cut flow somewhat but not all that much, Are the elbows close together or far apart as this can make a difference . If you don't go below frezzing by the window okay but if you do suggest you move it .

Reply to
jim

My understanding is that CPVC joints require 24 hours to cure. I know that my plumber did a joint and at most allowed 1 or 2 hours for it to cure. I am wondering if that will lead to just a slow leak or will it result in a catastrophic failure.

I will make him fix it and other problems he caused but I was curious about the failure issue.

Thanks.

Also he replace some CPVC with PEX. Seems to me that the flow rate is down due to 3 internal elbows he used that have smaller diameter than the CPVC. Was wondering if that would be the likely cause of a lower flow rate or should I look for another defect in his work.

By the way, this was done by the local gas company PSNC. How pathetic. It took 4 guys to do a lousy job. Also the PEX is right next to a basement window.... another no no I understand.

Reply to
Art

Check any can of cpvc glue in the store. It does _not_ need 24 hours to cure. 10 minutes is plenty and I usually don't even wait that long. Never had a failure and I have done my whole house with it.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Actually, 15 minutes is plenty of cure time for cpvc or pvc. I've charged systems in the amount of time it took to walk to the valve. no problems.

S. Barker