couple electrical box?

Hello, I have a couple little questions. The first is about using Noalox when connecting aluminum feeder wires. I understand you apply it with a wire brush but do you let it dry or do you attach the wire to the lug while it is wet?

My second question is if you add another ground bus bar, should you add a wire 'jumper' from it to the main ground bar or does the box have enough 'grounding'? If you need a jumper, what size wire?

Thanks Rob

Reply to
Rob

On the grounding bar, you would only attach it to the box using threaded screws or bolts, especially if it's a sub panel. If you want to use it as a neutral bar, it has to be a main service panel or it would have to be isolated from the box and grounding bar. In this case you would use a conductor or buss to the main neutral buss.

Reply to
RBM